AAT Access Award in Accounting Software
In the world of modern accounting, technology plays a vital part in business life. While some courses may touch on accounting software topics along with other aspects of accounting, this great value course is all about what you see on the computer screen.
Whether you have some accounting experience already, or you’re just starting out in the industry, this course will teach you all about the basic skills you’ll need to use accounting software. With opportunities to practise and refresh your knowledge, by the end of the course you’ll be proficient in setting up accounts, producing reports, and many other relevant activities.
What Is An AAT Access Award In Accounting Software?
AAT are a widely recognised organisation in the accounting sector, and this online Sage course is a great first step towards a career in accounting, or becoming a finance whizz in your own business. This is a course that is a mix of written content, model examples, and practice questions that will test your knowledge.
The course content is working towards an AAT exam, which you can book and take at the end of your studies. Once bought you can begin learning quickly, and there’s even a ‘read me first’ section to ensure you fully understand the course and the software you will be downloading and using.
Are There Any Entry Requirements?
This is an accounting software access course, so it is a great entry level qualification and stepping stone to more advanced study. Whatever your future goals, you will complete the course with skills you can take forward into the workplace.
The only requirement for this course is that you register with the AAT (Association of Accounting Technicians) and do this within two weeks of starting the course. This will give you access to additional material and support, and you will find details of accredited exam centres that will be useful on completion.
KEY LEARNING POINTS
To develop the basic skills needed to use modern accounting software.
- View a 'let’s get started' video to introduce the course and software.
- Review content on the benefits and risks of accounting software.
- Take a practice test that focuses on the benefits and risks of accounting software.
- Work through the course workbook for computerised accounting level 1.
- Learn how to set up accounts, and record bank and cash transactions.
- Practise producing reports using accounting software.
- Take a simulated accounting assignment to practise what you’ve learned.
- Take a final accounting assignment/test to achieve certification.
ADVANTAGES OF THIS COURSE
- FREE AAT Subscription fee worth £44
- Become familiar with Sage 50 Accounts professional software.
- Opportunity to purchase a hard copy of the Computerised Accounting workbook for further study.
- The chance to purchase further simulation papers produced in support of this course.
- Support if needed throughout the course.
- Mock assessments to test your knowledge as you work through learning materials.
- An ideal starting point for a job involving basic finance activities.
- Ideal for business owners who wish to train themselves or staff members in accounting software basics.
- Recognised by employers for its mix of theory and practical content.
- Continue to further study or employment as a cashier or finance/clerical assistant.
- Study towards a final exam at an AAT accredited centre (not included).
- A comprehensive online course, which you can study at your own pace.
AAT courses are offered by e-Careers Ltd, an approved training provider
|AAT Fees||£131 for UK students (£121 for International students)||
Not included, must be paid to AAT. Fees cover:
|Exam fees||£70-80 per exam (fees may vary slightly depending on test centre)||Not included, fee to be paid to AAT Approved assessment venue.
These fees will vary depending on the training provider or assessment venue. Check whether these are included in your overall training provider fees.
|AAT Access Award in Accounting Software|
|2 gigahertz (GHz)|
|Free Disk space|
|5 GB Free Space Required|
|Internet Explorer 10 or above|