Diploma in Blogging
The blog is something that’s exploded in popularity in recent years, as businesses and individuals catch on to the benefits of an online presence. Ensure that the digital representation of you or your business is a positive and effective one with this course in blog creation.
What Will I Learn?
From the very basics of blogging through to the technical considerations such as which hosting platform to choose, and on to the creative considerations such as content and visuals, this course covers it all. You’ll also learn the importance of networking and social media, and look at the key threats to safety and security online.
Who Is This For?
This course is ideal for those looking to create a blog or blogs for personal or professional reasons. As well as enabling you to set up your own blogs, it’s also a positive addition to the CV of someone working in or wishing to work in a marketing role. The flexible e-learning method means that anyone can fit this course in around a busy job, other study or home commitments.
Key Learning Points
Work through 10 modules to learn all you need to know to create, develop and monetise a successful blog.
- Start with blogging basics such as who might want to run a blog and why.
- Learn how to set up a blog including choosing the right platform and host.
- Discover how to secure a domain name and how to host a blog yourself.
- Look at the importance of the right blog topic, how to come up with and develop ideas, and how to research the level of interest in a topic.
- Learn how to write captivating content including a look at the different types of posts and how to schedule them.
- Discover how to make money from your blog – including from advertising, promotion and sales.
- Understand the importance of networking with other bloggers and how to do this effectively.
- Look at using social media to widen your audience and devise new ideas for content.
- Learn how to use images successfully, including producing your own visual media and the legalities of using other peoples’.
- Understand blogging for business, including how to engage with new and existing customers, build an email list and strike the perfect balance of professionalism and personality.
- Finish with a look at key safety and security issues including the most common online security threats.
Advantages of the Course
- Course delivered entirely online and compatible with all major devices and browsers.
- 12 months access so you can refresh your learning whenever you need to.
- Learn at your own pace with no deadlines to meet or classroom lessons to attend.
- Help and support is available if required.
- Learn all the skills you need to set up your own successful blog, whether that’s for personal or business use.
- Add a sought after skill to your CV in this digital age.
- Put yourself at the top of the list for positions in marketing, where the ability to create and run an effective blog is often essentials
This course is CPD certified.
- What is meant by the terms “blog”, “blogging” and other related phrases
- How blogging started and how it became popular among internet users
- The main reasons why people decide to write blogs
- The various groups of people who run blogs and what they often hope to achieve
- How to choose the right platform for your blog
- How to make the decision between using a blog hosting service and hosting your own blog
- The main features and costs associated with six of the most commonly used blogging platforms
- How to secure a domain name and hosting, if you decide to set up a self-hosted blog
- Why it is important to choose the right topic for your blog
- How to devise an initial list of ideas for blog topics
- How to select an idea that has the potential to make money at a later date
- How to research the existing level of interest around your topic
- Why producing high quality content should be your primary concern as a blogger
- The various kinds of blog post you may wish to publish to your blog
- How to devise ideas for your blog posts
- Why it is a good idea to plan your posts using a posting schedule or diary
- An overview of the most popular ways of making money from a blog
- How to make money by placing advertisements on your blog
- How to make money by promoting other peoples’ products on your blog
- How to make money by selling your own products via your blog
- Why it is helpful to think of yourself as a member of a wider blogging community
- Where you can find other bloggers writing in your niche
- How you can attract more readers to your blog by networking with other bloggers
- Why including guest posts on your blog is a good strategy for increasing engagement and traffic
- Why you should maintain a social media presence on at least once social media website
- An overview of the most popular social media platforms for bloggers and how each can be used to attract new readers and engage with your existing audience
- The kind of content you can post to social media and how it can be used to engage readers
- How to use social media to devise new ideas for blog content
- Why effective blogs often make use of images and videos alongside text
- Different types of blog content that is often enhanced by visual media
- Legal issues to consider when using other peoples’ media in your blog
- How to produce your own memorable visual media for use on your site
- Why you should consider starting a blog if you have a business
- How you can use content to engage with existing customers and attract new prospects
- How building an email list via a blog can provide you with a new means of selling products
- How to strike a balance between maintaining a professional image and showcasing the personality of your business
- Why you need to be aware of the most common online security threats
- An overview of the potential consequences of successful cyber-attacks
- The reasons why people attempt to hack into blogs and other websites
- Why you should keep backups of your blog content
|1 gigahertz (GHz)|
|Internet Explorer 8 or above
Safari 6 or above