There will always be positions available in business administration for the right candidate. You can ensure that that candidate is you by investing in this Administration Diploma to put you ahead of the competition.
What Will I Learn?
Working through 21 modules online at a time to suit you, you’ll develop your administration skills in everything from scheduling a diary and planning effective meetings to booking business travel and invoicing. You’ll also learn the basics of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook, to ensure you have a well-rounded set of computer skills.
What Qualifications Do I Need?
There are no entry requirements to this course, making it ideal for those looking for their first job in administration, as well as those wanting to move up the ladder at work. On completion you can download and print a certificate to prove your valuable skillset to employers.
Key Learning Points
Work through 21 information-packed modules to boost your administration skills and achieve your diploma.
- Start with an introduction to the course, looking at the role and responsibilities of a personal assistant/secretary.
- Learn how to effectively manage a diary, including scheduling appointments and how to plan ahead.
- Look at how to develop a user-friendly diary system.
- Learn how to write a good business letter and common mistakes to avoid.
- Understand how to write persuasively while remaining courteous.
- Practise writing and sending faxes, memorandums and emails.
- Improve your professional telephone skills and learn what common mistakes to avoid.
- Discover what to look for when booking a hotel for business travel, plus what to avoid.
- Learn how to plan and execute a successful business trip.
- How to set up a good filing system, including categorising and managing your system, and what to avoid.
- Develop your time management skills and learn how to identify the importance of each task.
- Move on to the topic of invoicing/petty cash.
- Consider the importance of customer care and how it relates to your role.
- Learn how to handle customer complaints, what to avoid and the importance of a good complaints procedure.
- Look at how to plan your work into a schedule, why it’s important and what to avoid.
- Gain an understanding of how to present written documents, including the basics of preparation, presentation and proofreading.
- Improve your confidence at work through the confidence building module.
- Learn the signs of a lack of self-confidence.
- Develop typing and transcribing skills to a proficient level (or further, depending on your existing level of skill).
- Understand the importance of meetings and how to organise effective ones.
- Boost your workplace relevant Microsoft Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint and Word skills, including troubleshooting tips.
- Practise your customer communication and reception skills.
Advantages of the Course
- 12 months access to the course means you can refresh your skills whenever you feel you need to.
- Certificate is recognised by industry leaders.
- There are no entry requirements to this course.
- Start learning as soon as payment is received.
- Give yourself a head start in the competitive world of business administration.
- Prove your skillset to potential or current employers, and gain an advantage when beginning or developing your career as an administrative assistant.
Show employers that you mean business – add this Administration Diploma to your CV.
This course is CPD certified.
- The role of a personal assistant/secretary
- The difference between a personal assistant and secretary
- Associated job role and responsibilities
- Requisite skills required for the job
- Manage dates, times and schedule appointments
- How to be creative and develop a user-friendly diary system
- Use our tips and implement them into the role of a PA
- How to plan ahead successfully
- How to write a good business letter
- How a business letter should be structured and edited
- Common mistakes to avoid
- How to be persuasive while maintaining courtesy
- How to compose and send faxes
- How to write memorandums
- How to create and send emails
- Things to avoid when doing the above
- How to make phone calls and speak in a professional tone
- Tips on how you should communicate with people over the phone
- Mistakes that should be avoided while communicating on the telephone
- How to conduct business and represent your company over the phone
- What you should look for when booking a hotel for business travel
- Things you should avoid when making travel arrangements
- How to plan and execute a successful business trip
- The role of a PA in booking hotels and making other travel arrangements for business travel
- How to set up a good filing system
- What you should avoid when creating a filing system
- How to categorise, sub-categorise and manage your filing system
- Why it is important to have a good system when running a successful business
- How to manage your time at work efficiently
- What to avoid when trying to get tasks done
- How to improve on your weak points
- How to identify the importance of tasks
- How to make invoices and send them
- What you should avoid when making invoices
- How to handle petty cash
- Why invoicing and petty cash handling are crucial to a business
- The importance of customer care
- Your role as a PA when dealing with customers
- Things you should avoid when dealing with customer care
- How to represent your company in a professional manner
- How to handle customer complaints
- Understand and execute a proper complaints procedure
- What should be avoided when dealing with complaints
- The importance of a good complaints procedure
- How to plan your work into a schedule
- The importance of proper work planning
- Things you should avoid when planning your work
- How to structure your plans for improved efficiency
- How to present written documents
- The basics of what to include when preparing and sending documents
- How to proofread your work
- The importance of document presentation and proofreading
- How to improve your confidence at work
- How you can benefit from improved confidence
- What to expect when your confidence improves
- Signs of lack of self-confidence
- Improve your typing skills beyond a beginner level
- Tips on how to improve your touch typing
- How to effectively transcribe audio
- Mistakes and errors to avoid
- Why meetings are important and what they achieve
- How you should plan and organise a meeting
- Things to avoid
- The aspects of a successful meeting and how to execute them
- What Microsoft Outlook is
- What Microsoft Outlook can do
- How it can help you in the workplace
- Simple tricks on how to get the most out of Microsoft Office
- How to understand the basics of Excel
- How to easily navigate Excel
- Why Excel is a useful tool for making spreadsheets
- Simple ideas for troubleshooting
- Understand the basics of PowerPoint
- How to navigate PowerPoint
- How you can benefit from using PowerPoint
- Troubleshooting guide for basic PowerPoint
- How to successfully use Microsoft Word
- How to navigate around Microsoft Word
- Tips and tricks for easy use or shortcuts
- Troubleshoot simple problems on Word
- The importance of customer communication skills
- The most important reception skills
- How to handle tasks at work efficiently
- What to avoid and how to overcome problems with customer communication
|1 gigahertz (GHz)|
|Internet Explorer 8 or above