Bullying in the Workplace
Workplace bullying and harassment is a behaviour that makes someone feel intimidated or offended, it is commonplace, but not in the job description for you to deal with it. You may be being bullied, but not realising the signs of it, or even worse, blaming yourself as to why it’s happening because it’s a hard thing to identify and address.
If you feel you may be a victim of workplace bullying, this course will help you to identify the signs that you are being bullied. We also recommend that you write down and keep an account of every bullying incident so you can create a report.
Workplace Bullying Statistics
The Trades Union Congress (TUC) carried out a survey that discovered nearly a third of people are bullied at work, and of that third, nearly three-quarters of the bullying cases were carried out by managers or senior staff figures.
46% of people say that workplace bullying has an adverse impact on work performance, and the same proportion believe it has a negative effect on their mental health. This course will help you to identify bullying and understand the costs it entails to workers and organisations, and how to prevent bullying while ultimately protecting yourself from “the silent epidemic”.
KEY LEARNING POINTS
- Define what bullying is and is not
- Understand the costs of bullying to people and organisations
- Identify bullying behaviours and the reasons behind them
- Know some ways to prevent bullying and understand what role you can play
- Know some ways to protect yourself from bullying
- Know what to do if you are bullied
- Identify appropriate solutions for the bullying incident (within and outside the organisation)
- Assist in creating an anti-bullying policy
ADVANTAGES OF THIS COURSE
- Implement your knowledge to help build a workplace where everyone can feel safe.
- Learn the law on bullying so you can know the rights of you and others.
- Have a positive influence on your organisation.
- Extracurricular resources given so you can build further on your newfound knowledge.
- Transferable skills through any organisation of any size.
|1 gigahertz (GHz)|
|Internet Explorer 8 or above
Safari 6 or above