Travel & Tourism Diploma
If you have ambitions to expand your horizons by pursuing a career in the travel industry, then this excellent-value online diploma is the perfect way to set the wheels in motion. There are many different career routes you can take in the booming travel and tourism industry, many of which involve the chance to travel yourself.
What Will I Learn?
Excellent customer service is of paramount importance in all areas of the travel and tourism industry, as after spending their hard-earned money, clients justifiably have high expectations of their much looked-forward-to trip. You’ll also learn about the different aspects of the tourism industry, tourism planning and development, tourism policy and strategy and much more. No formal qualifications are needed to do the diploma, but a love of travel and a friendly, professional manner are prerequisites.
How Does the Course Work?
All study takes place online at a time and place of your choosing. This makes this diploma a great choice for career changers who need to fit learning around their existing personal and professional commitments.
Key Learning Points
Progress through the easy-to-engage with modules to get on the fast track to becoming a travel and tourism professional.
- Get an introduction to travel and tourism covering different aspects of the industry and the different career prospects it offers.
- Explore the crucial subject of customer service, including understanding customers’ needs and dealing with issues effectively.
- Gain an insight into ways to develop your travel and tourism career including getting started, directions to go in, the skills you need to progress and opportunities to travel as part of your job.
- Take a closer look at the various sectors within the industry, how to get started in them and the potential issues you may encounter.
- Learn about what is expected of you in a tourism management role.
- Explore how to meet the expectations of tourists and how to manage when products or services can’t be supplied.
- Find out how marketing is used within the travel and tourism industry.
- Gain an understanding of how social media works within the travel and tourism industry and how to use it to your advantage.
- Find out what tourism policy and strategy is, how to implement it and the role you play as a professional.
- Learn the basics of tourism planning and development including your part in the process, dealing with issues and turning negative situations to your advantage.
- Get to grips with the emerging area of eco-tourism.
- Learn about the basics of working with both long and short haul destinations.
- Gain an insight into the important area of domestic tourism and selling the UK market abroad.
- Learn about current trends in the travel industry and how identify trends in order to take advantage of them
- Finally, get an overview of common issues that arise within the industry and how to anticipate and deal with them.
Advantages of the Course
- All study takes place online in your own time.
- Online technical support is available, should you encounter problems.
- After signing up, enjoy access to the modules for 12 months.
- Work at your own pace, with the freedom to recap modules whenever you like.
- Complete the course in 8-10 hours plus half an hour for the test.
- Studying the comprehensive syllabus of the Travel & Tourism Diploma is a great way to improve your prospects for finding rewarding work in this exciting industry.
Let your travel career take flight by signing up to the Travel & Tourism Diploma today.
This course is CPD certified.
- What we actually mean by 'travel and tourism'
- The scope and scale of the industry
- The different facets of the industry
- The potential for your career
- The basics of customer service
- Understanding the needs and wants of the customers
- Dealing with issues
- How to improve your own skills for dealing with customers
- Getting started in the industry
- The potential directions your career can go
- The skills you need in order to make progress
- Options for travelling or broadening your horizons
- The most popular sectors within the industry
- How to get started in them
- The potential and long term picture of the sectors
- Issues or problems you may have to contend with
- What we mean by the term 'tourism management'
- The key characteristics you will need to succeed
- The key parts of the job that you need to excel at
- What is expected of you within this role?
- The reasons for the industry
- What people are looking for when they travel or are tourists
- How to take those reasons and give them what they want
- How to handle problems when products or services cannot be supplied
- The basics of promotion and marketing within the industry
- The size and scale of marketing
- How it impacts on your own career
- Key methods used in the promotion of the industry
- The link between social media and tourism
- How to handle both sides at the same time
- Key things to look out for with social media and how it impacts your job
- How to take advantage of social media
- What we mean by tourism policy and strategy
- Implementing those policies
- The role you play in the policy or strategy
- Understanding the aims and recording progress
- The basics of tourism planning and development
- Your role in the process
- Dealing with issues and identifying problems within the market
- Turning things around to your advantage
- What we mean by ecotourism
- The reasons why people get involved in this type of specialist tour
- How to deal with these special requests
- The future of specialised tourism
- The basics of long haul destinations
- The basics of short haul destinations
- How to handle the requests to provide what the customer wants
- Key points to look out for when dealing with these destinations
- The importance of domestic tourism
- The UK market
- Dealing with UK travel destinations
- Selling the UK market abroad
- How to identify a trend
- Examples of trends
- How to take advantage of a trend
- The future of travel
- The main issues that will arise during your career
- Staying ahead of the game
- How to contend with those issues
- Boosting your career at the end of the day
|1 gigahertz (GHz)|
|Internet Explorer 8 or above