Cisco Individual Lab Practice
Develop advanced network configuration and management skills with access to the Cisco Individual Lab Practice service. Using cutting edge Cisco networking technologies in a dedicated practice lab environment, students will build and test new solutions by recreating and resolving complex technical issues without affecting the production systems in use at their place of work.
For just £50 a student has access to the complete Cisco Practice Lab platform and 9 Cisco-certified training courses, representing an extremely cost effective way to learn new skills and “test the latest routing and switching technologies.
The Practice Lab allows students access to dedicated Cisco resources to practice and improve their design, configuration and administration skills, making it perfect for:
- Trainee network engineers who need to practice installing, deploying and maintaining Cisco switches and routers without affecting “live” corporate systems.
- Network administrators who need to perform trial system upgrades, configuration changes or to test new Cisco hardware before deployment in a live environment.
- Project managers and engineers who need to accurately model a an upgrade or deployment as part of the fact-finding stages of a new network project.
- IT professionals who are working towards Cisco CCNA/CCNP qualifications and who need to practice and resolve the scenarios documented in the courseware to consolidate and test their knowledge.
- Engineers who need a “safe” environment in which to practice and learn new skills as part of their Continuing Professional Development (CPD) obligations.
- Persons looking to acquire advanced networking skills or to cross-train for a career in working in network administration, engineering or maintenance.
The Practice Labs are an essential tool for students, allowing them to develop and test their knowledge and skills so that they can identify topics that require additional study or practice. The Practice Labs are a dedicated Cisco resource allowing students to complete practice exercises without the need to purchase costly network hardware and licenses for themselves.
In addition to the test lab environment, the Cisco Individual Lab service allows subscribers to access a selection of valuable Cisco-certified courseware to provide focus and practical direction for their training sessions. Students will be able to study towards the CCNA and CCNP qualifications as they use the Practice Lab facilities.
Learn more about practice labs
View more about Practice Labs
Key Learning Points
With an always-on, always-accessible practice lab managed by us, students are free to experiment with new settings and test potential fixes without fear of causing problems to users of their “live” network. Among the many benefits provided in the low-cost Cisco Individual Practice service are:
- Complete administrator level access to all of the Cisco network hardware resources so that students can configure and reconfigure routers and switches as they need.
- The practice labs allow students to use a large range of hardware and Cisco management applications to mimic a real world deployment scenario.
- Students are able to replicate practical scenarios detailed in the included courseware using Cisco IOS and more.
- The Practice Lab is accessible from anywhere in the world without the need to install any additional client software, as it runs directly through a web browser. Access to the labs is not restricted by any kind of time-sharing either so resources are available whenever required for students to complete their training.
- Students can also refer to 9 included Cisco-certified training courses as part of the bundle, helping them learn, practice and improve new skills in Cisco technologies and prepare for the associated qualifications.
Advantages of this course
The Cisco Individual Lab service is the ideal toolset for helping individual refine and improve skills using the latest Cisco hardware and management tools. Among the many benefits students will realise with this particular service are:
- A cost-effective way to learn and improve new skills using cutting edge Cisco technologies without buying and building a dedicated networking test lab.
- The ability and freedom to install, configure, maintain and troubleshoot Cisco networks without jeopardising their production system, whilst maintaining a degree of realism.
- Bundled access to 9 valuable Cisco CCNA/CCNP training resources, allowing students to work towards industry-recognised, expert-level qualifications.
- Experienced engineers, technicians and administrators can use the Practice Lab to as the basis of their Continuing Professional Development (CPD) plans.
- The opportunity to develop valuable new skills, helping employees become more effective in their current roles, and to open new opportunities within network support, maintenance and administration.
By combining the experience gained from working on the Practice Labs and the lessons contained in each of the included Cisco courses, students will develop a comprehensive set of industry-recognised skills that prepare them for their CCNA and CCNP exams, opening a number of new employment opportunities upon completion.
Live Labs help to improve your understanding of specific exam objectives and provide direction on how to carry out actions in real world scenarios.
|1 gigahertz (GHz)|
|Internet Explorer 8 or above
Safari 6 or above