Microsoft Individual Lab Practice
Develop advanced PC and server management skills with access to the Microsoft Individual Lab Practice service. Using cutting edge Microsoft technologies in a dedicated practice lab environment, students will build and test new software and server solutions by recreating and resolving complex technical issues without affecting “live” systems at their place of work.
For just £150 a student has access to the complete Microsoft Practice Lab platform and 50 Microsoft-certified training courses, representing an extremely cost effective way to learn new skills and “test the latest software and server technologies.
The Practice Lab allows students access to dedicated Microsoft resources to practice and improve their support and administration skills, making it perfect for:
- Trainee IT engineers who need to practice installing, deploying and maintaining software and resources without affecting “live” corporate systems.
- IT administrators who need to perform trial system upgrades, configuration changes or to test new Microsoft server platforms before they are deployed in a live environment.
- Project managers and engineers who need to accurately model a new system upgrade or deployment as part of the fact-finding stages of a new software project.
- IT professionals who are working towards MCP/MCSA/MCSE qualifications and who need to practice and resolve the scenarios documented in the courseware to consolidate and test their knowledge.
- Engineers who need a “safe” environment in which to train and develop as part of their Continuing Professional Development (CPD) obligations.
- Persons looking to develop new, advanced IT skills or to cross-train for a career in working in IT administration, engineering or support.
The Practice Labs are an essential tool for students, allowing them to put their knowledge and skills to the test so that they can identify topics that require additional study or practice. The Practice Labs are a dedicated Microsoft software resource allowing students to complete practice exercises and test their skills without the need to purchase costly server software for themselves.
In addition to the test lab environment, the Microsoft Individual Lab service allows subscribers to access a selection of valuable courseware to provide focus and practical direction for their training sessions. Students will be able to study towards several MCP/MCSA/MCSE qualifications as they use the Practice Lab facilities.
Learn more about practice labs
View more about Practice Labs
Key Learning Points
With an always-on, always-accessible practice lab, students are free to experiment with new settings and test potential fixes without fear of causing problems to users of their “live” network. Among the many benefits provided in the low-cost Microsoft Individual Practice service are:
- Complete administrator level access to all of the software resources so that students can configure and reconfigure systems, applications and settings as they need.
- The practice labs allow students to use a large range of systems from the most common hardware vendors, and then test Microsoft software to mimic a real world deployment scenario.
- Students are able to replicate practical scenarios detailed in the courseware using Windows Server, SQL Server, SharePoint Server, Exchange Server and more.
- With access to virtual servers and PCs, students can test and assess interoperability between Microsoft software and services to identify potential problems in their own production environments.
- The Practice Lab is accessible from anywhere without the need to install any additional client software, running directly through a web browser. Access to the labs is not governed by any kind of time-sharing either so that resources are available whenever required for students to complete their training.
- Students can also refer to 50 Microsoft-certified training courses as part of the bundle, helping them learn, practice and improve new skills in Windows, VMWare, Active Directory, SQL Server development and much, much more.
Advantages of this course
The Microsoft Individual Lab service is the perfect tool for helping individual employees refine and improve their skills using the latest Microsoft software. Among the many benefits students will realise with this particular service are:
- A cost-effective way to learn and improve new skills using cutting edge Microsoft technologies without buying and building a dedicated test lab and software.
- The ability and freedom to install, configure, maintain and troubleshoot Microsoft software without jeopardising the production system at their place of work, but with a degree of realism.
- Bundled access to 50 valuable Microsoft MCP/MCSA/MCSE training resources, allowing students to work towards industry-recognised qualifications.
- Experienced engineers, technicians and administrators will can use the Practice Lab to as the basis of their Continuing Professional Development (CPD) training efforts.
- The opportunity to develop valuable new skills that will help employees be more effective in their current roles, and to open new employment opportunities within IT technical support, maintenance and administration.
By combining the experience gained from working on the Practice Labs with the lessons contained in each of the Microsoft courses, students will develop a comprehensive set of industry-recognised skills that prepare them to sit MCP/MCSA/MCSE exams, and open an even greater number of new employment opportunities upon completion.
Live Labs help to improve your understanding of specific exam objectives and provide direction on how to carry out actions in real world scenarios.