ITIL® Foundation Level - Training & Exam Package
Begin the process of building a structured IT service offering using the world-renowned ITIL® principles to provide the framework. Designed for IT support and service professionals of all levels, the ITIL® course is the first step towards full ITIL® Practitioner status.
ITIL® Foundation course provides comprehensive first-level training for anyone involved in provision, support, and delivery of IT Services. They are also guaranteed to receive a good understanding of ITIL® principles and how they could be applied to improving and formalising their own IT service operations.
Using the foundation-level training, IT service management professionals and engineers will be able to:
- Assess their existing IT service offering and management processes against ITIL® best practice guidelines.
- Begin the process of planning and migrating to an ITIL®-based service operation.
- Implement a transitional service offering to maintain standards according to user expectations during the move over to an ITIL® framework.
- IT Managers or Practitioners involved in the strategy, design, implementation and ongoing delivery of business-used IT services.
- Individuals requiring an insight into Service Management best practice.
At the end of the course students will not only be prepared to sit the ITIL® Foundation exam, but also have laid the groundwork to take their studies to the next level. Upon completion participants will be ready to move on to the ITIL® Intermediate and Expert-level qualifications as and when required.
KEY LEARNING POINTS
Specifically intended as a basic overview of the ITIL® framework and how to apply it, the Information Technology Infrastructure Library course provides more than 20 hours of e-Learning content to communicate and test student comprehension. Nine separate modules walk delegates through:
- The service management lifecycle and the key stages used to manage service requests.
- Defining a service strategy that meets the needs of all users of the IT service.
- Implementing a service that supports the strategy.
- Building intermediate delivery services that maintain standards during the transition period.
- The operations required to maintain customers expected levels of service and satisfaction.
- Building a continual service improvement plan that keeps raising standards and customer satisfaction levels.
The ITIL® Foundation course uses a mix of audio, video and written course materials, allowing students to study wherever and whenever is most suitable for them.
ADVANTAGES OF THIS COURSE
By completing the Information Technology Infrastructure Library course, IT professionals tasked with service management and delivery will immediately benefit from:
- Full preparation for the ITIL® Foundation-level examination.
- A working knowledge of the ITIL® framework and how it may be best applied to improving and streamlining IT service provisions.
- Improved on the job performance, particularly within organisations already using ITIL® to manage service delivery.
- Broader employment opportunities as students gain new, in-demand service planning and management skills.
- Take the exam online at a time that is convenient to you, whenever you are ready and have revised the relevant information gained from the Foundation Level course.
- Results will be available immediately, so you can see whether you’ve passed straight away!
- Demonstrate your understanding of the principles of ITIL and how they can be applied to their own operations. Expand your knowhow and give your CV a boost; impress your employers and improve your chances of a promotion!
- Use the certification as a stepping stone for more advanced qualifications, including intermediate and expert levels.
- Improve your job performance as well as the productivity of your business’ IT services.
The ITIL® Foundation examinations are available in the following languages:
- Chinese simplified
- Latin-American Spanish
The ITIL® courses on this page are offered by iTSM Solutions ATO of AXELOS Limited. ITIL® is a registered trade mark of AXELOS Limited. All rights reserved.
The ITIL® exams are delivered by e-Careers, an Approved Examination Organisation (AEO) and our official partner
- Service Management as a practice
- The concept of good practice
- The concept of a service & Service Management
- Define processes, roles and functions.
- Understand the Service Lifecycle and its key concepts
- Understand the business value of the phases.
- Understanding the key terminology, the key concepts of Service Management, key principles and models.
- What is Service Strategy?
- Understand the goals & objectives of Service Strategy
- Understand the 4 main activities of Service Strategy
- Basic overview of value creation through services
- Overview 3 Service Strategy processes.
- Importance of people, processes, products & partners
- Understand the five major aspects of Service Design
- Understand the different sourcing approaches
- Overview of the 7 Service Design processes.Service Transition
- Explain the Service V model
- Overview of Service Transition processes.
- IT Service versus technology components
- Quality of Service versus cost of service
- Reactive versus proactive
- Overview of the Service Transition processes
- Objectives of Continual Service Improvement
- The 7 step improvement process.
- The Service Desk; Technical Management
- Application Mgmt; IT Operations Mgmt.
- Process owner; Service Owner; RACI model in determining organisational structure.
- Requirements for an integrated set of Service Management technology
- How Service automation assists with integrated processes.
|Online Course with Exam|
|1 gigahertz (GHz)|
|Free Disk space|
|1 GB Free Space Required|
|Internet Explorer 11