ITIL® Intermediate Level - Release, Control & Validation (RCV) Exam
Expand your organisation’s IT practices with the ITIL® framework that can help to ensure your business performs up to scratch every day. This ITIL® exam, which is part of the ITIL® Intermediate Level repertoire, covers the practices of release, control and validation (RCV), which can help IT managers to implement new services successfully by means of effective planning and testing of software, system updates and new releases.
Optimise the Performance of your IT Systems
If it wasn’t for frameworks like the industry-recognised IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL®), businesses would struggle enormously to operate an IT system successfully. This is why sitting exams such as this one is essential to ensure employees are trained, professional and knowledgeable in all areas that ITIL® encompasses, so that they can perform their job role to the best of their ability, optimises productivity and ensures system efficiency.
Free-Standing Qualifications, or Work towards Advanced Certifications
The joy of having the ITIL® programme split into manageable portions is to allow students to pick and choose their own pathway. This bespoke learning journey ensures that individuals only have to learn what is necessary to enhance their training which is specific to their particular job role. The RCV exam can be completed as a standalone ITIL® qualification, or the credits gained from its completion can be put towards advanced qualifications, something that many students will strive for!
Key Learning Points
The ITIL® exam that focuses on ‘release, control and validation’ is one of four assessments within the Service Capability category. A pass mark of 70% or more contributes four credits to the overall minimum of 17 required to progress further in the series, towards the completion of the MALC examination and expert level status.
Signing up to sit this particular exam would be best suited to release and security managers, IT operations managers, and security and database administrators who have already acquired the RCV knowledge that will have been gained by studying the associated course. Students will have learned to:
- Use planning and support effectively, so that transition between processes and systems is as smooth as possible.
- Get to grips with the techniques required to provide rollback reference points, should any system changes lack the anticipated effectiveness.
- Learn more about the various release and deployment management techniques that are used to help with system updates.
- Understand evaluation guidelines, so that both positive, and negative, impact can be monitored and dealt with.
- Get to know the Service Asset & Configuration Management (SACM) repository and feel comfortable using it.
- Fulfil the demands of service users, by implementing the changes that have been requested.
- Get to grips with some of the validation and testing routines that are used to ensure the frameworks and policies that have been implemented, are working as planned.
Advantages of this course
- Web-based online delivery of exam – there’s no need to travel to teaching facilities; it’s all at your fingertips!
- Receive your results immediately; there’s no need to wait around for days to have your results posted to you.
- Collect the credits you need from the courses you are interested in – no need to study material that isn’t relevant to your job profile.
- Improve the day to day IT operations that you are responsible for, and implement positive changes within your organisation that can benefit your service users exponentially.
- Technical support is readily available, should you run into difficulty using the online courseware at any point.
- Gain 4 credits upon successful completion of the RCV exam and be one step closer to becoming fully certified, with the option of working towards the MALC exam and expert level status.
The ITIL® Intermediate RCV Exam is available in the following languages:
- Brazilian Portuguese
- Spanish (Latin American)
Improve your knowledge and expertise, and let your skill set shine. Sign up to sit this highly reputable ITIL® exam today and show your organisation’s IT systems who’s boss!
The ITIL® exams are delivered by e-Careers, an Approved Examination Organisation (AEO) and our official partner.
|2.4 gigahertz (GHz)|
|Min. Screen Resolution|
|1024 x 768|
|Internet Explorer 8 or above
Safari 6 or above