ITIL® Intermediate Level - Service Design (SD) Training
Delivering definitive proof of ability in service design and delivery, the ITIL® Intermediate SD course is an essential element of the ITIL® Intermediate qualification. The ITIL® Intermediate SD course is specifically designed to help IT professionals involved in service delivery to raise the quality and efficiency of their offering.
The ITIL® Intermediate SD course will be of particular interest to:
- IT Operations managers who need to formalise or improve their existing IT service delivery mechanisms using industry-standard practices.
- IT service desk managers who work in an organisations that already uses ITIL® and who want to better understand their position within that structure.
- IT consultants providing third party guidance to organisations working on service delivery improvement.
- IT professionals working within the service delivery department who want to improve their skills and employment options.
The ITIL® Intermediate SD course will help IT professionals improve their knowledge of the ITIL® service lifecycle modules, and give them the skills and experience they need to build and deploy IT services that fulfil genuine business needs.
Using a blend of instructor led videos and self-study resources, the ITIL® Intermediate SD course allows students to learn at their own pace. A series of self-assessment tests will also help participants identify whether they are fully ready to sit the ITIL® Intermediate SD exams and earn their qualification.
KEY LEARNING POINTS
Focusing on the service delivery components of the ITIL® framework, the ITIL® SD course will introduce students to the concepts behind service delivery, before moving on to more detailed analysis of the procedures and actions. The course then covers:
- The ITIL® interpretation of service design and how those services fit into the rest of the ITIL® library.
- The best practice principles behind designing a service that supports other elements of the ITIL® framework and meets business needs.
- The processes that need to be included with any new service design including SLAs, event triggers and the challenges and risks that need to be addressed before deployment.
- Using technology to assist with IT service design and delivery.
- Roles, responsibilities and human resources required to properly manage a service delivery process.
- Implementing a new service delivery process and how to assess performance and ROI.
ADVANTAGES OF THIS COURSE
Upon completion of the ITIL® Intermediate CDS course, IT professionals will have all the skills and knowledge they require to build an effective service delivery mechanism according to ITIL® standards. Other benefits include:
- Improved quality of service delivery that produces genuine cost savings through new efficiencies.
- A greater consistency in service delivery, helping to raise customer satisfaction levels.
- The ability to build a service delivery mechanism that neatly integrates with other ITIL® processes in operation.
- Improved IT governance that helps senior IT managers better analyse current performance.
- Improved job performance and employment options with the help of an industry-recognised qualification.
The ITIL® Infrastructure CDS course and exam are an essential qualification for IT service professionals who want to improve their skills and employment options.
The ITIL® courses on this page are offered by iTSM Solutions ATO/Affiliate of AXELOS Limited. ITIL® is a registered trade mark of AXELOS Limited. All rights reserved.
- Course Organization
- Course Conventions & Agenda
- Introduction to Service Design
- Service Design Principles
- Service Design Summary
- Introduction to Design Activities
- 5-Aspects of Service Design
- Subsequent Design Activities
- Service Design Activities Summary
- Design Coordination
- Service Catalog Management
- Service Level Management
- Availability Management
- Capacity Management
- IT Service Continuity Management
- Information Security Management
- Supplier Management
- Service Design Processes Summary
- Technology-Related Activities
- Organizing for Service Design
- Implementing Service Design
- Technology, Organization & Implementation Summary
ITIL,are registered trade marks of the AXELOS Limited, used under permission of AXELOS. All rights reserved. All ITIL courses are offered by itSM Solutions ATO of AXELOS Limited.
|1 gigahertz (GHz)|
|Internet Explorer 10 or above
Safari 6 or above