ITIL® Intermediate Level - Service Strategy (SS) Training
Determine a workable, efficient, client-pleasing IT service strategy using the knowledge and experience gained from the ITIL® Intermediate SS course. The course is particularly well suited to professionals who are involved in strategic service design and who want to integrate the stability of the ITIL® framework to improve and standardise their own offerings.
The course is of particular interest then to IT professionals who need a detailed understanding of service delivery strategy within the ITIL® framework, including:
- CIOs and other senior professionals responsible for defining and implementing a service strategy as part of wider IT and business goals.
- COOs and IT operations managers who will need to understand how their service strategy is defined and managed.
- Service managers who want to improve their knowledge of service strategy.
- IT professionals who are interested in training for the full ITIL® Intermediate-level qualification.
The ITIL® Intermediate SS course will help IT professionals improve their knowledge of the ITIL® service strategy, and help them develop the skills and experience they need to define an IT service strategy that integrates and supports other core business strategies and goals.
Using over 9 hours of instructor led videos and self-study resources, the ITIL® Intermediate SS course allows students to study at their own pace, and at their own convenience. A series of self-assessment tests at the end of each module helps participants identify whether their readiness to sit the ITIL® Intermediate SS exams and earn their certificate.
KEY LEARNING POINTS
The ITIL® Intermediate SS course helps students understand the role of service strategy in the context of the ITIL® framework before taking a deep-dive into the specifics of strategy design and implementation.
Students will learn:
- The ITIL® approach to viewing service management as process within a larger system.
- Service Strategy Principles – the principles behind good service design.
- Service Strategy Processes – the processes that need to be built in to support and manage the service strategy.
- Service Strategy, Governance, Architecture and ITSM Implementation Strategies – using IT frameworks to help improve governance and the impact of strategy on other business processes.
- Organizing for Service Strategy – building the team and assigning roles and responsibilities necessary to implement the strategy.
- Technology Considerations – using technology to underpin strategy through the use of increased automation and escalation etc.
- Implementing Service Strategy – designing, implementing and transitioning to a new service strategy.
- Challenges, Critical Success Factors and Risks – identifying and resolving issues that could prevent successful deployment of the new strategy.
ADVANTAGES OF THIS COURSE
Upon completion of the ITIL® Intermediate SS course, students should have acquired the skills and expertise needed to design and implement a working IT service strategy within an organisation, and to understand its relevance in helping achieve other business goals. Other reasons to undertake this course include:
- Gaining an improved understanding of customers and market spaces, and the strategies required to deal with both.
- Learning to identify and analyse demand patterns and use of services to provide guidance when designing new strategies.
- Improved ability to manage the overall services portfolio.
- New skills will help to optimise IT investments and maximise ROI.
- Improves job performance, increases employment prospects and provides the basis for students to go on to study for the full ITIL® Intermediate certificate.
As a result the ITIL® Intermediate SS course is an essential investment in improving IT service provision, operational efficiency and employee skills.
The ITIL® courses on this page are offered by iTSM Solutions ATO/Affiliate of AXELOS Limited. ITIL® is a registered trade mark of AXELOS Limited. All rights reserved.
- Course Organization
- Course Conventions & Agenda
- Introduction to Service Strategy
- Service Provider Types
- Service Structures
- The 4-Ps of Strategy
- Service Strategy Summary
- Defining Services & Market Spaces
- Service Strategy Across the Lifecycle
- Services & Strategy Summary
- Strategy Management for IT Services Introduction
- Service Portfolio Management
- Financial Management
- Demand Management
- Business Relationship Management
- Service Strategy Processes Summary
- Strategy & Governance
- Strategy & Organization
- Sourcing Strategy
- Organization & Sourcing Summary
- Technology Considerations
- Challenges, Risks & CSFs
- Implementation Summary
ITIL,are registered trade marks of the AXELOS Limited, used under permission of AXELOS. All rights reserved. All ITIL courses are offered by itSM Solutions ATO of AXELOS Limited.
|1 gigahertz (GHz)|
|Internet Explorer 10 or above
Safari 6 or above