ITIL® Service Operation [Book]
The ITIL® Service Operation introduces and explains delivery and control activities to achieve operational excellence on a day-to-day basis that enables you to effectively sustain and maintain products. Sharing a consistent structure with the other four core ITIL publications, the various practice elements are easily navigated and extensively cross-referenced.
This official ITIL® Service Operation manual is published by AXELOS for one of the five branches of the ITIL® core publication. It is best suited to IT and service management professionals who are looking to pass the exam, but also to those who are looking to ensure they provide efficient resources for their users within an IT service.
Many improvements have been made in this 2011 edition of the publication to improve consistency, aid in navigation and provide better readability for you, helping you to reach your career goals.
Concepts and guidance in Service Operation include:
- Application Management
- Change Management
- Operations Management
- Control processes and function
- Scalable practices
- Measurement and control
- Service management as a portfolio
- Service operation principles
- Service operation processes
- Common service operation activities
- Organising for service operation
- Technology considerations
- Implementation of service operation
- Challenges, risks and critical success factors
- Appendix A: Related Guidance
- Appendix B: Communication in service operation
- Appendix C: Kepner and Tregoe
- Appendix D: Ishikawa diagrams
- Appendix E: Considerations for facilities management
- Appendix F: Physical access control
- Appendix G: Risk assessment and management
- Appendix H: Pareto analysis
- Appendix I: Examples of inputs and outputs across the service lifecycle
- The only source from which ITIL® exam questions are taken
- Learn how to manage the technology needed to deliver and support services
- The perfect supplementary material to the ITIL® Service Operation training
- Quality assured and endorsed by itSMF International
- Available in English, German and Japanese
- Manual can be used for reference throughout training and to refresh your memory
- Books are exempt from VAT.
ITIL® is a registered trademark of AXELOS Limited, used under permission of AXELOS Limited. The Swirl™ logo is a trademark of AXELOS Limited, used under permission of AXELOS Limited. All rights reserved.