Fundamental British Values in the Early Years
This CACHE endorsed learning programme will teach you the 4 fundamental British values, as well as teaching you how to pass this on and to implement this in a childcare or teaching environment.
The four Fundamental British values are:
- Rule of Law
- Individual liberty
- Mutual respect and tolerance of those with different faiths and beliefs
This short course explores fundamental British values of democracy, the rule of law, individual liberty, and mutual respect and tolerance of those with different faiths and beliefs. All schools have a duty to actively promote these values and during inspections, Ofsted will look for an ‘acceptance and engagement’ with these values. Learn what fundamental British values are, their importance, and how they can be actively promoted in education and childcare.
KEY LEARNING POINTS
- You will learn how to promote British values as part of Spiritual, Moral, Social and Cultural (SMSC) in schools
- You will know how a school can include British values in their values and ethos
- You will also know how an early years setting can promote British values
ADVANTAGES OF THIS COURSE
- The British government believes that the promotion of these values will make British children and young people more prepared for life in modern Britain and make them more resilient to attempts to radicalise them. Including these values in schools and childcare meets the legal requirements of the Prevent Duty, and promotes the wider SMSC development of the children and young people. This course, therefore, is important and relevant to all staff working in an educational setting.
- Each value is explained in this course, and guidance is given on how to explain this to children and young people. Consider how to relate each value to the children you support, if you teach Year 9 pupils, for example, then being encouraged to choose your GCSE options can be seen as individual liberty.
- Additional activities encourage you to reflect on your learning
|1 gigahertz (GHz)|
|Internet Explorer 8 or above
Safari 6 or above