Understanding Dyslexia Diploma
This great value online Dyslexia diploma is expertly designed to give both professionals and family members a valuable overview into the common condition of dyslexia. Whether you’re a teacher who needs an insight into how to cope with dyslexia in the classroom or a parent who wants to support their child at home, this full syllabus will guide you through what you need to know in an easy-to-follow, step-by-step way.
What Will It Teach Me?
You’ll learn about what dyslexia is, how it manifests itself in learners and the effect it can have on all aspects of their lives. You’ll also focus on strategies and treatments designed to support sufferers and help them overcome the extra challenges they face in their learning experience.
How Do I Study?
All study takes place online, in a place and at a time of the learner’s choosing, meaning there is no pressure to attend a weekly class. Due to this, it’s the perfect solution for time-pressed people who need to fit their study around their existing commitments.
Key Learning Points
Progress through 14 easy-to-access modules that should take between 10-15 hours in total to complete.
- Define dyslexia, learn about its symptoms and how these can affect the sufferer’s life.
- Learn about different people in the community who can help with dyslexia.
- Explore the possible causes of dyslexia including neurological causes.
- Find out how dyslexia is diagnosed and how heredity can play a part.
- Learn about the different types of reading deficits and understand which ones are related to dyslexia.
- Discover the interventions and treatments used for different types of dyslexia.
- Learn about the signs of different kinds of dyslexia.
- Explore dyslexia and phonics starting with a definition of phonics.
- Gain an insight into the importance of phonics in literacy and speech.
- Find out how phonics is taught and how dyslexia affects the learning of phonics.
- Learn why dyslexia causes individuals to struggle with writing and ways in which this problem can be overcome.
- Discover how spelling is taught and where spelling-related issues orginate.
- Gain an understanding of how dyslexia can affect speaking and listening skills and how a speech therapist can intervene with this.
- Learn how speaking and listening skills contribute to reading and writing ability and how these can be improved.
- Learn about dyscalculia and the challenges associated with this maths-related condition.
- Explore dyslexia and science including how dyslexic students can learn physics, chemistry and biology.
- Discover the relationship between dyslexia and art, music and creative writing.
- Learn how dyslexia affects learning ESL (English as a Second Language).
- Study the MSL (Multi-Sensory Structured Language) method of teaching languages to dyslexic people.
- Explore the issues associated with living and working with dyslexia as an adult including spotting signs of dyslexia at work and dealing with reading and writing issues in the workplace.
- Learn about conditions that often appear alongside dyslexia such as dyspraxia, ADD and ADHD.
- Learn more about treatments for children with dyslexia including speech therapy and medication, including some treatments used for ADD and ADHD.
- Explore why and when dyslexia can be classed as a disability and how the law protects disabled people.
Advantages of the Course
- Study in your own time on all your internet-enabled devices.
- Access to the course is for 12 months, meaning there is no deadline to meet and you can refer back to the material whenever you need to.
- Not only is the course cost effective, its easy-to-access structure makes it time effective too.
- Technical support is on hand, should you run into problems.
- Gaining the diploma proves your commitment to supporting people with dyslexia and could boost your career.
Begin the process of empowering those with dyslexia today by signing up to the Dyslexia Diploma.
This course is CPD certified.
- To understand what dyslexia is;
- To learn about the symptoms of dyslexia;
- To understand how dyslexia can affect other aspects of life;
- To learn about different people in the community who can help those with dyslexia;
- To learn about the possible causes of dyslexia;
- To understand neurological causes of dyslexia;
- Diagnosing Dyslexia
- To understand how heredity can play a role in dyslexia.
- To learn about different types of reading deficits
- To understand which deficits are related to dyslexia and which are not
- To understand interventions and treatments of different types of dyslexia
- To learn about the signs of different types of dyslexia
- To learn the definition of phonics
- To understand the importance of phonics in literacy and speech
- To understand how dyslexia affects the learning of phonics
- To learn how phonics is taught
- To understand why dyslexia can cause an individual to struggle with writing;
- To understand how writing issues are corrected;
- To understand where spelling issues come from;
- To learn how spelling is taught;
- To learn how dyslexia can affect all levels of communication;
- To learn how a speech therapist can help dyslexic children with their speaking and listening skills;
- To learn how speaking and listening skills can contribute to reading and writing skills;
- To learn techniques for improving speaking skills;
- To learn about dyscalculia;
- To understand what difficulties are associated with dyscalculia;
- To learn about potential causes of dyscalculia;
- To learn about the effect of dyscalculia on a person's life;
- To understand how dyslexic students can learn physics;
- To understand how dyslexic students can learn biology;
- To understand how dyslexic students can learn chemistry;
- To learn general tips on teaching scientific concepts;
- To understand how the brain is connected to dyslexia and creativity;
- To learn about dyslexia and drawing;
- To learn about dyslexia and music;
- To learn about dyslexia and creative writing.
- To learn about the language learning experience for dyslexic learners;
- To learn how dyslexic learners can take part in ESL and foreign language learning;
- To understand what it means to anticipate language learning abilities;
- To learn about the MSL (Multi-Sensory Structured Language) method of teaching for dyslexic language learning;
- To learn about signs of dyslexic adults at work;
- To learn the general signs of dyslexia in adults;
- To learn how to deal with writing issues in the workplace;
- To understand how to cope with reading issues in the workplace;
- To learn about the conditions often seen with dyslexia;
- To understand dysgraphia and how it can be overcome;
- To learn about the symptoms of dyspraxia;
- To understand ADD/ADHD;
- To learn about any therapy and interventions that can help children with dyslexia;
- To understand how speech therapy can help a child with dyslexia;
- To learn about possible medications that can help dyslexia;
- To understand how ADD/ADHD treatments can help dyslexia;
- To understand why and when dyslexia can be classed as a disability;
- To learn how the law protects disabled people;
- To learn about different UK laws dedicated to protecting dyslexic people;
- To understand how these laws apply at work and at school;
|1 gigahertz (GHz)|
|Internet Explorer 8 or above