Teaching Assistant Special Education Needs (EC112575)
Embrace the opportunity to work with children with special needs, by becoming a teaching assistant – a key part of a positive, well-led classroom that is a happy environment in which a child can flourish. Dealing with special needs can be a challenge – for the child, their parents and keyworkers who care for them – but special needs shouldn’t mean a child can’t be included in learning and can’t feel equal to their peers. Sign up to this course package and you will be able to recognise the special educational needs and disabilities that some children cope with, helping them to effectively manage their needs and reach their full potential.
Four Different Courses,in One
By signing up to this in-depth package, specifically designed to suit teaching assistants (or aspiring ones) who wish to work with SEN, you will be able to work through four of our comprehensive courses, which cover ‘teaching assistant’, ‘recognising and supporting children with special educational needs’, ‘Asperger’s syndrome’ and ‘child development’. By the end of the course, you will have a clear and concise understanding of all of these areas, and will have covered many of the basics required to be an effective SEN teaching assistant.
KEY LEARNING POINTS
The courses covered with this package would be well suited to individuals who already work in an early years or school setting and would like to progress their career in order to work with special educational needs. It would also be suitable for aspiring teaching assistants who wish to gain a well-rounded understanding of what it takes to be a teaching assistant and how this can be applied in a SEN environment.
- Dive into the CPD Certified Level 2 Teaching Assistant course, and gain valuable knowledge on all aspects of the subject, including how to best support the needs of a pupil, curriculum information, legal responsibilities, literacy, ICT and numeracy development and how to support children with additional special educational needs.
- Learn how to create an Individual Education Plan (IEP), based on an individual child’s needs, and how this can be used to help plan a child’s activities and support.
- Appreciate the importance of observations, and gain valuable insight into the various SEN you may face as a teaching assistant, including Down’s Syndrome, ADHD, ADD, Cerebral Palsy and Asperger’s Syndrome.
- Take a more detailed look at Asperger’s Syndrome, including the ‘triad of impairments’ and the impact that Asperger’s – and other ‘invisible’ disabilities – can have on the individual.
- Acknowledge the five outcomes of Every Child Matters, and learn about the various developmental stages that a child will encounter as they grow. Recognise some of the child development theories that exist, and appreciate that every child is unique and develops at their own rate.
ADVANTAGES OF THIS COURSE
- Study online whenever and wherever you like, thanks to the online courseware that is compatible with various devices, platforms and browsers that is available 24/7.
- Valid for a full 12 months, so there’s no need to worry about trying to cram all the information in. Take your time and complete the course package to the best of your ability, first time!
- Boost your confidence in the field of SEN and be better prepared for a teaching assistant role in such a setting.
- Downloadable certificates available upon completion, which can be added to your CV to prove your worth as a potential employee.
- Course completion certificate once you have completed all the training.
- Multiple choice assessments mark the end of each course, based on the content of each module.
- Combination of learning materials available will help all students learn, engage and retain, including video presentations, tutorials, quizzes, exercises and extra reading.
- Cache endorsed Certification is available upon completion of all courses within the package, certification fee is included.
Sign up to this course package today, and learn the skills you need to be an asset to any SEN setting.
Note: Certificates must be applied within 3 months of course completion.
This package includes
Child Development£100View More
Recognising and Supporting Children with Special Educational Needs (SEN)£100View More